75% of consumers have recently confessed that e-mail is their preferred means or channel of communication with companies. You’re starting to see the importance of email, right? Well, you should know that the importance is even greater when it comes to customer loyalty.
We all know that loyalty is necessary and basic for our business. Why is that? The answer is simple: a loyal customer usually spends 67% more than a new one. On the other hand, it takes 6 to 7 contacts to convert a prospect into a guest, which means that it can be a costly task, both in time and effort.
In addition, 58% of customers say they open the emails they receive from companies and, even more interestingly, 53% confirm that the emails they receive play an important role in making a purchase.
Email marketing can drive lasting relationships built on trust,
leading to two-way communication and, ultimately, letting your customers share their pains with you.
This will allow you to get to know them
and, in the long run, you will serve them better because you will know their needs better than your competitors.
Although it is not complicated, an email marketing strategy has to be carried out with great care. And, let us tell you, if you’re already running an email marketing strategy and haven’t noticed any improvement in customer loyalty, maybe you should improve it.
These could be the reasons why your email marketing campaign is not working properly.
Your emails are not responsive
Did you know that more than 50% of emails are opened on cell phones? So ask yourself: How does my email look from a mobile device? Is it possible to read them from a smartphone device?
The database is not correct
This simply means that you have to update your contact list. In fact, people are constantly facing changes in their lives, which could include changes in their e-mail addresses. This means that you could end up with hundreds of inactive addresses in a few years if you don’t update your database. If you do, you are sure to have better response rate.
Your emails are filtered as spam
Spam filters are designed to prevent people from receiving unsolicited mail. But don’t worry, if you do it right, i.e., always keep privacy principles in mind, don’t buy databases, send relevant content and respect the unsubscribe option, you’re not doing anything wrong. Relax.
Six practical tips
Today we are going to give you some practical tips so that your email marketing campaign We will also explain how to automate this process as much as possible. Do you already have a loyalty software for your hotel?
When you send an email to your customers or potential customers, you must pay special attention to every single detail. What you want is to get their attention. And, trust us, you’ll need to stand out. Do you know how many emails users receive daily? Make them not regret having given you their data. Make them see that it is worth subscribing to your newsletter. How?
1. Study with your creative team which images or videos you are going to add in your commercial mailings. The audiovisual elements must always be of the highest quality, optimized and of an adequate size so that they can be viewed from mobile devices (small screens).
2. Videos are working very well in the tourism sector. Therefore, do not hesitate to include them in your email campaigns. Although you cannot directly embed a video in emails, you can include an image (simulating the video, with the play button) that when clicked redirects us to the video.
3. How are you going to address your customers? The vocabulary and tone used is also material for study. Think carefully about who your target audience is. How will you feel most comfortable? If you speak to him in a more casual tone or, on the contrary, does he expect a serious and more formal tone?
4. Always add call-to-action buttons (CTA). Do not miss the opportunity to get a lead (sales opportunity). Think about which CTA is the most suitable for each campaign. With a good CRM you will be able to segment your users according to their interests and offer them downloadable content customized for them.
5. Personalize all your campaigns. People want to feel unique and special, never forget that! Segment. Your emails should be personalized for two reasons. On the one hand, to make customers feel unique and receive the content they really need or are interested in. And, on the other hand, so that they recognize your brand and know how to differentiate you from the competition. Different target means different content.
6. Work with responsive emailing designs. It is estimated that 65% of emails are opened from mobile devices. That’s why it’s so important that your emails look great on any size screen. Remember that the interactive elements you include in your email should also be easy to handle from any mobile device: links should be easily clickable, the font size should not be too small and images should not be too large because otherwise the user will not see them correctly.
Think that your goal is to stand out, to show you are different. And this will be achieved by showing the personality of your brand. Loyalty is achieved by creating an emotional relationship between your customer and your brand.
What content to include in your newsletters?
Here are some ideas that you may be able to adapt to your email marketing campaigns. You can send, for example, emails offering your guests exclusive offers. Feeling special always attracts attention: they won’t want to miss out on the opportunity you are offering them just for being them.
If you want to have an even greater impact on your customers, you can address to your most loyal guests and offer them special treatment directly. For example, a complimentary breakfast, a limited edition product or a larger discount. Make them a proposal they can’t refuse!
And, of course, don’t forget to congratulate them on special days such as birthdays or anniversaries. Offer them a gift such as a discount or a free night on their special day.
The importance of your database and mailing frequency
To offer the right content to your users, you should analyze your database very well: spend time to know perfectly what your customer needs and what kind of content they want to receive.
Did you know that email open rates increase by 365% if messages are personalized? This means that if you offer the right content to the right customer, your chances of success increase dramatically.
Content is important, but the frequency with which you send your newsletters is also key. If you invade your guests’ inbox with too much information that is of no interest to them, your email marketing campaigns will not be effective. Take the time to study how often and at what time you should send your emailing campaigns.
The HubSpot tool gives you real data on the opening and conversion of your emails. In this way it is very easy to work the A/B Test, because you do it on real data.
Social networks in your newsletters
It’s also a good idea to include a link to the profiles of your social networks in emails. In this way, you invite guests to share their experience at your hotel. Or you can simply invite them to follow you on your social networks so that they are up to date with all the news and offers.
You can also use social media in emails to invite them to special events that are posted on your Facebook profile, for example.
Automate your emailing campaigns with HubSpot
HubSpot is the perfect software to work on your Inbound Marketing strategy. HubSpot presents itself as a tool focused on working with the new generation of marketing: shopper marketing.
The platform includes all the tools a company may need to work on its online marketing strategy. From content management to SEO optimization, from email marketing to social media management. And, of course, a real-time analysis of the results.
How can HubSpot help you build customer loyalty with your email marketing strategy?
– Automation. HubSpot allows you to automate your emailing campaigns. How? Automatically including the latest content that you have indicated (such as, for example, the latest content from your blog) and sending it at the time you have programmed. You can also manually customize the content or subject of your emails. The options are varied.
– Segmented shipments. HubSpot allows you to segment your database to automatically send the right content to the right customer.
-A/B test. By receiving real-time data and analytics from HubSpot, you can work with A/B testing very effectively. Analyze your emailing campaigns and change some details to see what works best for your target.
There are many HubSpot features to work on your company’s online marketing. If you are interested in learning more, check out this infographic.
As you can see, working with emailing is not that complicated. In the end, it’s all about sending the right content, to the right target, at the right time. And, of course, to have the right tools.