More and more users are searching from their iPads or smartphones. The desktop computer is being relegated for many of the immediate queries. Google, in its 2015 survey data, noted a 50% increase in travel-related smartphone searches . And these figures are only set to increase.
The responsive technique seeks to adapt the content of a website so that it can be viewed correctly from any device. That is, to adapt to different screen sizes.
What does this mean? It does not mean that part of the content of your website will be eliminated, reduced or that the text will be made smaller. A responsive design will resize and reposition all the elements and functionalities of the page so that they are displayed correctly and in an optimal way, improving the
This includes images, text, graphics and, of course, any type of functionality that your site includes, such as a booking engine. It is very important that if a user wants to book a room for you from their cell phone, they don’t pull their hair out. It is already difficult to work on small screens and if you don’t make it easy for them, you will lose the direct booking. And that doesn’t interest you.
In short, responsive design makes your website much more natural on any device. In addition, Google already warned last year about the planned changes in its algorithm that would benefit responsive websites and, on the contrary, would penalize those designs that are not adaptable.
Why these measures by Google? Among other things, because it seeks a fully mobile-friendly experience and this is something that websites that are not yet adaptable do not offer.
In the end, it is Google that offers the user search results sorted according to their criteria. If a non-web-friendly website appears in the first results of Google, it means that the search engine is not doing its job correctly: it is offering a low quality result to the user. And Google never wants to look bad.
Don’t know if your website is responsive? Very easy, enter your URL in the Google Developers analyzer and you will know if you need to make changes to your page. Do not hesitate to consult with industry experts if you have any questions .
Reasons to work with responsive design
Because it improves your SEO positioning. Google positively values pages that work with a responsive design. A responsive design means a better SEO positioning in Google, since the mobile adaptation allows Google to crawl the content of the page successfully and thus position it for the right searches. This way, Google will only have to crawl one URL for all devices.
2. Because it improves user usability. Responsive design will help your users feel comfortable while browsing your website, no matter what device they are using. Your potential customers must be able to see your website optimally even if they are consulting from a mobile device. It is obvious at first glance when a page is not adapted and its navigation is almost impossible.
3. Because technology has undergone a radical change. In recent years we have gone from the click to the touch screen, and from using a desktop computer to taking our smartphone with us wherever we go. A website that has become outdated will not be able to adapt to all these changes if it is not renewed.
4. Because you will save on costs. A responsive design will be functional and usable on any device and screen. With a single adapted website you can be sure that your users will be able to browse it comfortably from any mobile device or computer. You will amaze all users! Wherever they look for you.
5. Because it decreases the loading time. A responsive website automatically adapts according to the device from which it is visited. Thus, no redirection is necessary and the loading time is much shorter.
6. Because it improves the share. If you want users who visit your page to share content on social networks, you must make it more than easy for them. An adapted website greatly facilitates the functionality of sharing content.
7. Because videos and images are your best letter of introduction. And a non-adapted website does not allow a correct visualization of this type of content. Your hotel’s image gallery must adapt perfectly to the size of each screen. The user should be able to go through the images as easily (or more) as from their computer. Of course, it goes without saying that the optimization of the audiovisual material must be very well worked out for fast loading and playback of all files.
8. Because it will optimize the usability of your booking engine. Minimize clicks in your booking process. Make it easy for the user to book directly on your website, even if they are visiting you from their mobile.
And, of course, review every change you make. Test continuously. Visit your website as if you were another user: from your computer or from your cell phone. Make sure your website is user-friendly and do not hesitate to make the necessary changes if you think your user will not feel comfortable or satisfied with some of the functionalities.